alcohol music film play food sports licensingThe Licensing Act 2003 requires that some performances of dance require a Premises Licence or a Temporary Event Notice.  There are also other provisions for a separate licence where the dance is one of  sexual nature, but these have not been adopted uniformly across the country.

If you are planning an event where there is an exhibition of dancing that is not part of another regulated entertainment such as a play, contact us and we can guide you through the application process.  You will need to be aware of the Licensing Objectives and how the event or show that you are planning relates to them, but we can assist you there as well.

It used to be the case that facilities for dancing, such as a dancefloor, used to require a licence as well but these provisions have now been repealed.



Apply for a premises licence


uk licensing law solicitors


contact us by email


call a licensing solicitor or chat online


online chat with a licensing solicitor



Help !