tables and chairs licenceLicences are required in order to place tables and chairs on most public streets.

Many licensing authorities produce guidance on where furniture can be placed and for how long.  It is important to check if such guidance exists before you plan a street cafe or order any items.  Fees are charged on a fixed basis or depending on how long during the day/year that the tables and chairs are to be used.

Prior to applying, it is normally a requirement to obtain planning consent and particularly so if there is to be advertising associated with the area, such as on screens to surround the tables and chairs.  We can assist by applying for both planning and licensing consents, negotiating or representing you at a hearing if it should become necessary.